Health and Medical writer
I have worked for one of Australia’s most prestigious medical journals and a variety of health brands as a health and medical writer. I write for the aged care and the disability sectors and have the ability to understand complex medical topics and write about them in an interesting and engaging way.
Some of my health and medical writing
- What can Home Care Package funds be used for? – CareCompare
- What are the benefits of NDIS Plan Management? – Inebura
- What are self-managed Home Care Packages? – CareCompare
- Aged Care staffing: Send in the forensic accountants – MJA InSight+
- What is support work and how do you get into it? – Afea
- Psychology Now – Website copywriting
- Implant, injection or the pill: which contraception should you choose? – Defence Health
- Don’t ‘chute’ the messenger – faecal transplants work– Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Specialist rural outreach needs more support – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Stevie’s story – Tresillian
- Smoker guilt and stigma delays help seeking – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Zika prep confirms microcephaly and FASD link – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Mental health care for CHD patients and families – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- What are the financial impacts of drugs and alcohol at work? – No Drugs at Work
- Antipsychotics in aged care: continuity of GP care vital – MJA InSight+
- Why it’s never been more important to ask RU OK? – Afea
- How to live independently with dementia – Afea
- Drop in Cancer pathology – is there a surge in cases coming? – MJA InSight+
- Feeling Anxious? Here are some tips that will help – Defence
- Best protection from pertussis? Jab the mum – Medical Journal of Australia
- How to support someone who has lost a baby in pregnancy – Bupa Blue Room
Depression:toscreen or not to screen – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Breast Cancer Surgery Major changes in breast cancer surgery to meet quality-of-life outcomes – press release featured in Medical News Today
- Quality of prostate cancer outcomes improving – Medical Journal of Australia press release
- Founding editor of doctorportal.com.au a website dedicated to providing news and resources for doctors
- Scarlettgill.com.au – Website copywriting and maintenance
Health and medical writing testimonials
Caitlin consistently delivers high quality, engaging and on brand content. She is responsive, professional and an excellent communicator. Working with her is seamless and an absolute pleasure.
Caitlin wrote for me as a journalist, putting together balanced, nuanced, newsworthy reporting on medical matters. She has a real can-do approach, unafraid of a new challenge and a terrific problem-solver.
Caitlin was prompt, understanding of the needs of my business and efficient. She was the perfect balance of creative, technical and practical. I will definitely recommend her to my friends and utilise her skills in future!