Health and Medical writer
I have worked for one of Australia’s most prestigious medical journals and a variety of health brands as a health and medical writer. I have the ability to understand complex medical topics and write about them in a way that is interesting and engaging.
Some of my health and medical writing
- Psychology Now – Website copywriting
- Implant, injection or the pill: which contraception should you choose? – Defence Health
- Don’t ‘chute’ the messenger – faecal transplants work– Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Specialist rural outreach needs more support – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Stevie’s story – Tresillian
- Smoker guilt and stigma delays help seeking – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Zika prep confirms microcephaly and FASD link – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Mental health care for CHD patients and families – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Feeling Anxious? Here are some tips that will help – Defence Health
- Best protection from pertussis? Jab the mum – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- How to support someone who has lost a baby in pregnancy – Bupa Blue Room
- Depression:to screen or not to screen – Medical Journal of Australia InSight
- Breast Cancer Surgery Major changes in breast cancer surgery to meet quality-of-life outcomes – press release featured in Medical News Today
- Flu vaccine more effective in the morning – study – doctorportal
- Quality of prostate cancer outcomes improving – Medical Journal of Australia press release
- Changes reflect new era for Medical Journal of Australia – doctorportal
- Teens drink more alcohol than adults – doctorportal
Health and medical writing testimonials
Caitlin wrote for me as a journalist, putting together balanced, nuanced, newsworthy reporting on medical matters. She has a real can-do approach, unafraid of a new challenge and a terrific problem-solver.Cate Swannell
We were after a writer to write some parenting stories for our Tresillian Facebook and website pages and Caitlin did such a good job of this we then asked her to contribute stories from mums for our new book on baby’s sleep routines (to be launched in June). She did an excellent job of these too, interviewing each Mum on issues they had faced as a new parent. The result was a series of stories that have already resonated with many parents in a similar situation.
Thanks Caitlin, well done!Ann Paton
Want to know more?
Do you need a talented and experienced health writer for your next project? Contact me and we can have a chat about what you need and how I can help.